Friday, April 06, 2007

I have C-H-R-I-S-T in my H-E-A-R-T



Emily posted today about a rosary that she got from Nonna back in the day, and so I had to get mine out and post it, too. Mine came in the drawer of the vanity that I got from Nonna's house after she died. The wooden beads are the size of acorns, and the crucifix is easily 5-6 inches tall. Every time I see it I wonder why on earth someone would own a rosary of this scale. (Dad, any history about it that you know of?)

It also happens to be the only rosary I own. I didn't even learn to say the rosary until I was in college, and I never said it on a regular basis. I'd have to look it up now. It's interesting that this has come up in another forum this week - I've been reading The Secret Life of Bees and they talk about saying the rosary in it a bit.

1 comment:

Uzz said...

I came over here from Emily's SPF and I just have to say that your pic is wonderfully composed:-) The grain in the image and the solemn light makes for a really nice pic:-)

I work as a professional photographer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I have been toying with the idea of a daily photo blog...I meet some amazing people everyday and my job puts me in some cool locations, so maybe I will set one up:-) Anyway...cool site!

Happy Easter!