Saturday, March 01, 2008

In Which We Went Out But Didn't Go Anywhere


This is me in the bathroom at the Liberty Hotel. That was after waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes to try to get into the bar there, Alibi, for Bec's birthday. There were about 15 of us together at the front of the line, and after an hour there were 5 of us left outside, still waiting to go in. It was cold. My back was killing me from standing still on brick after doing an intense yoga class Friday. I was coming down with a cold and not feeling well. Pete was having none of it. Finally I went to the bathroom (and the idiot doorman made me promise I was coming back out again. I wanted to be like "I'm going to the bathroom now because I don't want to wait the 45 minutes it's going to take me to get home because I'm not waiting in this line anymore!"), and then Pete and I hit up CVS so I could buy some cold medicine, and we went home. Total time of trip: 4 hours. Total amount of time inside the Liberty Hotel: 15 minutes.


Here's what the hotel looks like from the T platform. Peace out Liberty Hotel, see you again NEVER.

No comments: