Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flower ID please!



We ran past these pretty flowers on the bike path and I thought "those would like nice in my little bud vase!" so I picked some on the way back. Pete asked me what they were and I said "I have no idea, I need to ask our moms for an ID", so here they are. They were growing on a viney kind of plant, up the fence - but the flowers were on stalks that stuck out from the vines. I love them, whatever they are. Hopefully they aren't native wildflowers that are illegal to pick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reliably informed that they're sweet peas.

Janet Kincaid said...

They look like part of the orchid family... I'm clueless about flowers, though. Robert's probably got it right.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, from Alaska

Robert is correct they are sweet peas and smell lovely.

Love MOM