1. It's cold out today, and while the 8ish inches of snow we got recently usually would make me not cranky about that, it's not working today. I think because I haven't slept well recently and dealt with lots of annoying stupidity at work yesterday and I haven't fully recovered yet.
2. Why, when a New England city gets 8ish inches of snow that they've been expecting for 2 days, does the city freak out and break? Don't we do this every year? Don't we know that the plows should be out all night to keep up? I just don't get it. This is not new to Boston, this is not rare for Boston, it should not stop the city from functioning.
3. On the bright side, it's so cold that I'm wearing the yummy cowl I made over vacation, and contemplating making a second one. Why do I need two? I don't, but it as fun and relatively quick to make and I'd like to try it in a lighter weight yarn so it will be more drapey.
4. I use a travel mug every day for my Starbucks ritual. It is a 12 oz travel mug, a "tall". Yet it never feels like I'm getting the same 12 ozs as when I get my chai in the paper cups (on weekends when I don't have my travel mug with me). And it never lasts as long. Can someone explain this to me?
5. Last weekend I volunteered at a meeting for the 3 Day to share my "veteran wisdom" - HA! It was fun, and it got me really excited for this year's walk. Which is July 24th-26th, for anyone that would like to join me, or just come cheer me on. And if you'd like to donate, you can just steer yourself right over here, to the donation page I haven't made pretty just yet.
6. You know what's nice? When Champ wakes me up so early that I get to spray the pee-stopping stuff on the carpet before she gets around to peeing on the carpet. I'm pretty sure that the proud feeling I get when I hear/see her peeing in the litter box every morning is akin to when a parent watches a potty-training child use the toilet. Seriously. I should clarify that the nice part is that she doesn't pee on the carpet, not that she wakes me up early. She's actually turning into quite a brat with the waking me up early lately.
7. A friend from high school scanned and posted to Facebook a number of old photos she had come across, and it inspired me to dig up my own. That fun adventure led to finding some that I hadn't even been thinking about, including photos from the summer that Leyre and I spent on Nantucket. Which then led to me searching for a coworker from that summer online, and finding her on Facebook (of course). Which then led to her pointing me in the direction of another of our coworkers from that summer on Facebook. Which then led to happy (online) reunions, and the inspiration to scan and post those photos to Facebook this coming weekend. I have a feeling this may be a cycle that only runs out when there is no photo left unscanned.
8. Have I ever mentioned how much I like Stash Organic Merry Mint tea? If it was the only kind of tea I ever drank for the rest of my life, I would be okay with that.
9. I just started reading Twilight. I wanted to know what the fuss was about. Also, it's written by a Mormon, and I like Mormons. It's a light, quick read and I've made it through 226 pages in less than a day. Anything to keep me entertained while I walk on the treadmill!
10. Shockingly, I'm having trouble coming up with a 10 this week. But how about this: since I was walking at the gym after work, that meant dinner fell to Pete tonight. I came home and he was making waffles, and they were delicious. Sometimes brinner is all you need to make your cranky mood go away.