Tuesday, June 09, 2009

10 on Tuesday


1. Pete and I saw Away We Go tonight. I thought it was sweet and funny. He was not impressed. That is, in part, because he looks at movies much more critically than I do. I just sat back and enjoyed the story and the cuteness, he had high expectations because it's made by the same person that made American Beauty (or so he tells me...and I didn't like American Beauty anyway).

2. Overnight Pete and I had the comforter only half pulled up because it's been warmer lately. Champ snuggled down in between us, under the comforter. Then Barley noticed something going on, and he stomped right over and stepped on his sister. She settled in again. And then he did it again. She got the message and hopped off the bed.

3. I was bummed that SB is going to be out of town and I wouldn't have my regular walking buddy this weekend, until I saw that the T will be busing from Ashmont to JFK/UMass all weekend...and the idea of getting to walk out my door and not be taking the T to meet up with someone to walk became much more enticing. Time to download an audio book to keep me entertained! Librivox here I come...

4. I got a phone call from Emily this afternoon because Ben and Claire have requested a video conference. It's been a while since I've seen those little guys, I think we need to schedule a regular time for that!

5. My knee has really been bothering me tonight. I think it's partly due to the sitting still for the movie after having sat still at work all day and partly due to the weather. Stupid, stupid knee.

6. I had gotten used to the warm weather and decided to wear a dress to work today. And then I froze. I'll be wearing pants tomorrow. I thought the "showers" belonged to May?

7. Friday night is girls night and I'm making cheese fondue for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert. I can't wait to stuff myself silly!!!

8. That book I was reading last week? I finished it in about 4 days. And now I need to get my hands on the next one. I hate that it's still only available in paperback. I'm going to try and get it from the library. When I tried that with New Moon I had to put a hold on it and got a message back saying "you are 164 in line, you should get this book around December 2009". No Joke. While I caved and bought the paperback of New Moon, no way am I going to cough up the cost of a hardcover for this series!

9. I'm currently standing at the dining table keeping an eye on Champ. In the 30 minutes since Pete went upstairs to bed, she has tried twice to eat Barley's food from his bowl. The entire time, Barley was sitting just outside the kitchen not caring. Now that I'm standing right outside the kitchen, she's laying "casually" in the hallway, pretending like she won't dart to his food bowl as soon as I go upstairs.

10. I don't mind if it rains tomorrow, I just hope it stops while I'm heading to work, out for lunch, and home again. I am okay with the grey skies and lack of sun (for now), but I am not okay with being cold and wet every time I'm outside. Are you listening weather? I don't think I'm asking that much!

1 comment:

emily said...

1. No link love? How sad. :(

2. I have all of those books, I can mail them to you. I even have duplicates of 2 of them, I don't remember which, that Brian bought not realizing I already had them.

I think there was a number 3, but I've already forgotten. It's that time of year. Wait, I remember - it's April showers, and May flowers - June has nothing.