Wednesday, June 03, 2009

10 on Wednesday


1. I know, I know, I was supposed to do this yesterday. Pete and I walked 5 miles yesterday, and because I was at work late and we took a break to feed me, we didn't get home until 8:40. That doesn't give me much time to get anything done before bed!

2. Dear Peapod,
If you were willing to give a discounted delivery window smaller than 5 hours, I would be seeing you again tonight instead of walking the 1 block to visit your competitor. I miss you, but I need a bit more flexibility if we're going to be in a relationship again. Think about it. Get back to me.
Love,
SG

3. My knee is hurting again and I know what my doctor will say if I go see her. I want to go see a Physical Therapist about it, but I just don't have time to do it until after the 3 Day. And by then I'm sure it won't be hurting anymore. Makes me crazy!

4. Yup, I have succumb to the Twilight series. They are trashy and ridiculously over the top and poorly written. But I picked up New Moon at Borders last week and started reading it over the weekend. Based on my TV watching and book reading habits, my "relative age" (ha! a New Moon reference for you, even) would start at 14.

5. Holy crap! I just saw that on Stephanie Meyer's website there is a playlist created to go with each book. You better believe I'll be downloading those and throwing them on my iPod. I mean, it probably enhances the reading experience to listen to the playlist while I read, right? It even tells you who's point of view the song is coming from so you can figure out what part of the story it goes along with. AWESOME.

6. I've been falling really behind on my 3 Day training blog, and sat down tonight with the goal of getting myself organized and catching up. This was hindered a bit by the fact that I got through the first post and then couldn't for the life of me remember where we had walked the next day. I did eventually find a few pictures from that walk (but not where I thought they were) and figured it out, but it took me longer than it should have. Now that I have, though, I'm all set to plug away at getting the blog back up to date again tomorrow.

7. Pete and I have started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on DVD. It's nice having something shorter than a movie to watch during the week, but it's a half hour show, so we've actually been tearing through it even though we only started watching over the weekend. Tonight we watched one entire DVD (6 episodes). We've got a few seasons to go before we catch up to current, so it should keep us entertained for a few more weeks.

8. This Sunday SB and I are volunteering at the AIDS walk. I'm particularly excited about this because a friend that I graduated with from Catholic is walking and it will be fun to get a chance to catch up with her and cheer her on.

9. Now that it's 10:30 at night, I can't for the life of me remember what I had thought earlier today and then thought "oh! I should add that to my 10 on Tuesday!" Guess I should have texted myself a note.

10. Instead of another thought, I'll actually just point you to this beautiful picture. If you check out Cat's photo stream, you'll see about a million photos of the sun setting over the beach in Santa Cruz. Every time she posts one, my heart dies a little bit because I don't live there and can't witness that for myself on a regular basis.

No comments: