Tuesday, September 01, 2009

10 on Tuesday


1. If ever you see me with a Coke in front of me, please take it away. It's time to kick that habit for real.

2. We've been good about eating lots of veggies lately (and Pete's been eating lots of fruit - I'm not quite as good about that). I stopped at the farmers market on the way home from work and bought a few things - corn, green peppers, and these pretty yellow pear tomatoes. They're tasty! I realized on the way home that I should have bought more - butternut squash, green beans, apples, carrots...will make a list for Thursday so I don't forget!

3. I did yoga yesterday for the first time in a loooooong time. It felt really good. It happens to be Yoga Month, as well, so I guess it's as good a time as any to get back into the habit! Did I mention that it felt really good. I mean REALLY good.

4. Have I mentioned already that we've been watching Lost? We're on Season 3 now, and I hate every night when it's bed time and I have to stop watching. I'm sure that when we get through Season 5 and I have to wait for the new season next spring I'm going to be very unhappy about it.

5. Last night I accidentally tore a hole in my oldest, favoritest pair of pajama pants. They are blue with yellow duckies on them, and I have found very few pairs of pajama pants since that fit me as well (except one pair of green flannel ones with tigers on them). This hole makes me very sad, but I haven't given up on my ducky pants yet!

6. We've gone from a week straight of hot, humid, summer to straight up fall weather. I was so cold this morning that I almost got a sweatshirt out of the closet! I'm usually a fan of fall, but I feel really cheated out of summer this year...and I'm hoping it will make a bit of a come back before fall sets in for good.

7. Last Saturday Leyre and I went to see Blink 182 and Weezer. Weezer was awesome, and I think we're both pretty bummed that we were late and missed half of their set. Blink was not so great, and just after Leyre and I were talking about how they weren't hitting notes and how Mark Hoppus sounded like he had obviously sang a show the night before and his voice was showing it....well, that's when he started talking about the death of Adam Goldstein, aka DJ AM. And then started crying. I guess I can't blame them for not sounding so great, given that their good friend had died the night before and apparently they'd been doing a lot of crying.

8. Exactly how wrong is it that I still feel like we kind of got cheated out of a good show? I mean, I can't help but wonder what the show would have been like if they hadn't been struggling to get through it, you know?

9. The show did make me dig up a lot of music that I haven't listened to in a long time, and some that I hadn't listened to at all. That meant lots of new (or new to my iPod) music to listen to at work today. This song made me very happy. For the record, that is not the official video, I don't think that there is one, but I do heart stick figures. Sorry for the random Fall Out Boy at the end there.

10. Confession: sometimes, I wish Ice Creamsmith delivered. Because sometimes walking across the street is just too far.

*Eek! Sorry, I thought I set this up to post after I went to bed last night and apparently I'm not that good with blogger....

1 comment:

Alannah said...

Not the duck PJs!!