Tuesday, September 08, 2009

10 on Tuesday


1. Oops...it's Tuesday. Not Monday. I definitely sent out three emails this morning saying it was Monday before someone pointed out to me that it's Tuesday.

2. Tuesday means Dewey Square Farmers Market, though, and that's exciting! We're leaving for DC Thursday night so we don't need a lot, but I couldn't resist the call at lunch and ended up with 3 apples, 1 musk melon, a head of lettuce, potatoes, and green beans. The fruit will get eaten by me at work, the lettuce will used to salads and wraps this week, and the potatoes and green beans get eaten for dinner tomorrow night. I REALLY REALLY wanted to buy a butternut squash, but that will have to wait until next week.

3. I have known about the genius feature on iTunes for a while now, but haven't really put it into practice...until last week when I made myself a few playlists using it. It's a bit hit or miss, which is likely more a result of what exactly is or isn't in my music collection than anything else. It kind of makes me want to upgrade my iPod to one that has the genius feature on it so I can make myself genius playlists on the fly. I'm curious to know how exactly the Genius matches songs - I may need to do some googling on that later.

4. Pete and I are off to DC this weekend for a wedding, catching up with Whit while she's visiting from London, and celebrating Mom's birthday with the fam. I'm excited to get to catch up with everyone, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be exhausted from it by the time we get home on Sunday night!

5. I saw Stephanie tonight, and because my calendar has been a bit full all summer and I kept double booking myself without realizing it and having to cancel my massage appointments, this was the first time since June that I've seen her. Poor girl had her work cut out for her. She finished and said "so you could use about another two hours of work". :( When I win the lottery, I'm going to move her (and her puppy!) to live next door to me and she's going to be my personal masseuse. She already knows about this plan and she's totally on board with it. One more reason why I love her.

6. So Lost...can we talk about this? Pete and I watched the first four seasons in three weeks, exactly. And so today I went and dug up a release date for season five on DVD, because the previous seasons all seemed to be released in the first week of October...and the date I saw was actually the first week of December. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT THAT LONG?

7. Please, before you view the following two pictures, have a phone nearby. You may need to call 911 when you DIE OF CUTENESS. One and Two.

8. You still there? Did you survive the cuteness? Let's talk about the difference between me and Pete. When Pete goes out and I'm home alone, I watch things along the lines of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. When I have something to do after work and come home late, Pete watches things along the lines of American Experience: We Shall Remain.

9. I've had a really strange, really frequent urge to sew lately. I am not a sewer. I'm fairly certain that the last thing I sewed was a fuzzy stuffed animal/ball in 7th grade sewing class. But I have, very often over the last few weeks, thought to myself "I should get my hands on a sewing machine and..." Frankly, it freaks me out because I have no idea where the urge to sew is coming from.

10. This one makes sense to me, as it's starting to feel more and more like fall around here: I'm itching to start crocheting again. I stopped and bought some new yarn on the way home from work today. Now I just need to figure out what to make with it and find a pattern!

1 comment:

Leyre said...

Did you like Nick and Norah? Did you know that Norah was a final contender to be Orly's name and that I would have insisted on Norah with an h in your honor? ;)