Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Window Seat


When I fly into Reagan National Airport, I ALWAYS book a window seat on the left side of the plane. That's because there's a rule (law? ordinance? whatever...it's how they do it) stating that planes flying into National have to fly directly over the Potomac river to cut down on airplane noise in the neighboring suburbs. If you're super lucky, your plane will be approaching from the north and you, in your window seat on the left side of the plane, will get the awesome views of the city (Georgetown, National Cathedral, White House, the National Mall) that I got. If you're even luckier, you'll fly into National after sunset at the holidays and take this approach, and you'll get to see the White House Christmas tree lit up and surrounded by each of the smaller state tress. It's amazing. Seeing this city from the air never gets old or less awesome. And that's why you always book a window seat on the left side of the plane when you're flying into National.

If you really want to enjoy that photo, click here and check it out bigger.

1 comment:

C said...

This reminds me of something - last week, for the first time ever, I consciously found myself /pre-walking/ to the last carriage on the train. I was in a real rush and already cranky. I have never forgotten your precise pre-walking instructions!