Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crochet, Crochet, Crochet!


I did not do a good job of getting photos of my finished crochet projects while I was on vacation! I
hadn't taken a lot of photos before I gave Christmas gifts because I knew I couldn't post them, and I intended to force my family into a mini crochet fashion show so I could get photos while I was in Virginia. I needed photos of the hat I sent Emily for her birthday last February, the hat I sent Mom in September, and the scarf I made Claire for Christmas (unfortunately the hat I made Ben didn't fit him, so I need to start a new one). I got photos of not a single one of those things. Maybe Emily and Mom will read this, take photos, and send them to me so I can share them, too! ;)

In the meantime, here are a few photos of the scarf that I made for Pete's mom. I wanted to make something that would match the hat I made her last year without being super matchy-matchy, and I think it worked. The purple yarn here is the same that I used for her hat, and the granny pattern is similar to a few rows of granny-esque stitches in the hat as well. Hopefully it's keeping her toasty warm out in Wisconsin! If you're on Ravelry, you can find the project details right here.


I still have some of the multi-colored yarn (seen right here) left. I love the colors, but I haven't figured out what to do with it. It's not enough for another entire scarf, but too much to just write off...suggestions welcome!


I'm also working on an blanket that is a belated Christmas gift for my newest niece, Adele. I don't have a very good progress shot, but here's a bit of a sneak peak. Sorry for the quality, the photo was taken with my phone...you'll have to be patient and wait till I can get the entire thing finished for a better look! I'm not joking about the patience, it takes much longer to make 76 individual squares and put them all together than I thought it would! Next time: afghan pattern made continuously instead of with granny squares. The up-side is that when you're making 76 of the same pattern square over and over again, each one looks a bit better than the last!

No comments: