Saturday, June 04, 2011

Number 9: Workin' On The List

Crane Library 1

I'm still chipping away at number nine on the list - reading the Best Minxes Ever Written on Penguin's list of Best Books Ever Written. I read Lolita for my Kubrick class back in college and am counting it as read. A while back, I hit up Borders for a few books (you saw Emma here, Vanity Fair is currently getting beat up being carried in my purse daily).

Today, I hit up the Thomas Crane Library for Breakfast at Tiffanys. It's almost embarrassing to admit this, but I haven't been an active library user in so long that I had a bit of trouble getting the book. It took me longer than it should have to figure out how to put the book on hold online, in part because I had to call them (for the second time) to reset the PIN attached to my library card so I could log in. Once it was on hold, I knew where to go look for it and just had to wait for the email to tell me it was ready. The email came, time went by, and I didn't get myself to the library until my hold had almost expired. The first time I tried to pick it up, the library was closed because I had forgotten to check their hours and just assumed they would be open. The second time I was all excited, but then couldn't find my book. It turns out that when your hold has almost expired, they hold the book behind the counter for you. At least now I know how to use the library (kind of).

6.4.2011_Orange_Toes_WebAfter I got home and had lunch, I proceeded to go to one of the eleven nail salons within half a mile of our house to have my toes made pretty while I started reading. Of course I chose orange for my toes - how could I not?! And I also found out that the highest rated nail salon on Yelp is definitely not the best of the eleven nail salons within half a mile of our house. Lesson learned: try a different nail salon next time I want some reading/pedicure time.

No comments: