Tuesday, September 06, 2011

10 on Tuesday

9.6.2011 post run selfie
  1. You guys! 10 on Tuesday! Because it's actually Tuesday when I remember to do it, I actually have a picture to post, and I think I have 10 things to say.
  2. I have a backlog of photos to edit and post. Those will hopefully be coming soon to a computer screen near you!
  3. The long weekend was great...but not long enough! It ended up being a bit busier than I expected. While everything we did was a lot of fun, I kind of wish I had spent more time in pajamas being lazy.
  4. It was especially hard getting out of bed this morning when I woke up to drizzle and grey skies. Is it possible to have a bed that is too comfortable? I may have made our bed too comfortable - it's so hard to drag myself out of it on mornings like today!
  5. I spent a some a lot time over the last week or so watching Drop Dead Diva. I'm kind of in love with it, and I'm almost caught up to current (just in time for the season to end on the 18th, of course). Am I the only person on earth that watches (and loves) that show? I might be. They don't break out into song and dance as much as they used to, and I miss that. Bring back Judge Paula Abdul!
  6. I went running today after work. I hurt a lot. I was soaked by the time I got home (the picture barely does it justice). BUT I DID IT, and that's what matters. Does dragging my butt out to run four miles in the cold rain when there's a warm cat snuggling on my lap and I'm already broken from yesterday's dodgeball game mean that I'm really a runner?
  7. You know what would make running hurt a lot less these days? If I were better about doing yoga! I need another 2-3 hours in each day. If someone could get on that, I would totally appreciate it. Sacrificing sleep is not an option - no one wants to see what would happen if I started sleeping less! I may need to compromise and hop on the foam roller bandwagon.
  8. Bossman was on vacation in France last week, and he brought me back tasty chocolates. That I don't need, because after the last few weeks what I need is probably detox. Between trips and visitors and weddings, I have consumed far more (tasty) food and (delicious) adult beverages than I should have. It was a lot of fun, but when I'm starting to crave salads daily you know my body needs a break from the indulging.
  9. Who am I? First the running in the rain when I really don't want to and now the needing a break from indulging!?! Could someone find the real me and bring me back to....me?
  10. I know a lot of people are talking about the end of the summer, but I'm not letting go just yet! It's not officially over for another two and a half weeks, and despite the forecast for the next few days, I think we still have some warm, sunny days ahead of us. Hold onto it, folks, we will all be bitching about the snow and the cold soon enough, let's not rush summer out the door so soon!

No comments: