Wednesday, February 04, 2009

finger knittin' good


I found a "how to" for a finger knit scarf (via whip up) a while back and have been wanting to try it since. I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I can actually make shit, so every time there's something new I want to make, I test it out with this crappy yarn I bought ages ago for $2/skein. In fact, I unraveled a test of a scarf pattern in order to start the finger knitting. That was in part because I knew I'd never finish the test scarf, and part because I wasn't sure how much yarn I would need...in the end, I didn't need much.

Anyway, my point is that tonight, while watching more of How I Met Your Mother (Season 2, we started from the beginning a few weeks ago), I finally gave the finger knitting a shot. And this is the result. Is it really a scarf? Or is it a garland? In this picture it's wrapped around my neck eleven and a half times. Yeah. I kind of love it. It's also rather warm. And I love me some warm.

Check the photo out large on black!

3 comments:

Leyre said...

Eleven and a half times?! Seesh! It's exciting to see that it worked though, and seems like it didn't take that long? Awesome!

Sarah G said...

it's very easy and fast. i just kind of kept going and at some point realized i had no idea how long it was, so i started wrapping it around me neck as i went. it's so skinny i think you need to make it pretty long, although mine is probably overkill.

Alannah said...

That looks cozy for vacation!