Tuesday, September 29, 2009

10 on Tuesday


1. I've been loving the farmers market lately! I only have a month left before it's gone for the winter, so I'm trying to take advantage, which also means getting creative and doing a lot more cooking. Today I picked up parsnips, turnips, carrots, and onions that will be turned into veggie tagine on Friday. I'll let you know then how it turns out.

2. I've also been doing a lot of crocheting lately. This has a lot to do with the fact that it's football season again, and that means I lose Pete to the TV for the majority of Sundays and part of Saturday....so what the heck else am I going to do?! I made a hat for myself, but decided I didn't really love the pattern with the weight yarn I used...so I made it again, with a bulkier yarn and put the first hat in the donate pile. Then I found a cute baby hat pattern and decided to make one for Orly, which looks too small to fit her head. It's currently paused, and will be finished and probably tossed into the donate pile once I measure her head and discover I need to make a second one that's big enough. :) Last weekend I made an awesome hat for Pete. I like it so much that I'm tempted to make another one for myself, even though I already made myself one.

3. EVERYONE is getting hats for Christmas!

4. Okay, maybe not. Once I get the Orly hat situation sorted out, I plan on trying to make some socks....wish me luck, I think they may be beyond my abilities.

5. I've been doing more yoga lately, trying to get back into a regular practice. This will (hopefully) make my massage therapist happy the next time I see her! I've been alternating between videos from the Yoga Today Blog and videos available on Netflix Instant. Tonight I did a video on Netflix that's meant as a soothing and calming practice, and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. I typically lean toward a faster paced, more athletic style of yoga.

6. Today is the third day in a row that I've done yoga, and that's mostly because I'm curious to see how many days I can go before I take a break. I've been sleeping better and waking up feeling significantly less groggy and stiff than usual. And I noticed that after just one day! Every time I notice these differences and how great I feel after doing yoga, I tell myself not to forget it, and to pull up this memory when I'm sitting on the couch unmotivated to practice. This week that's working better than usual.

7. Do I sound like a total hippy? I can't help it, there's a tree hugging, yoga loving hippy inside of me that seems to come out more often the more time that goes by.

8. I'm late to the party on this, but have you watched Glee? WATCH IT (and if you need more than that - check out this clip). All of the previous episodes are available on Hulu. I'm so in love. It's Bring It On meets Dawsons Creek/One Tree Hill, and if that's not a recipe for my ideal TV show, I'm not entirely sure what is.

9. I apologize if you watched that clip and Single Ladies is stuck in your head for days. It's been stuck in my head since Saturday. They say if you listen to a song from beginning to end you can get it out of your head. Good luck.

10. If you're wondering what to get me for my birthday, you could pick up this tshirt. Or this print. Or these magnets. Or any one of these prints.

And now it's time for bed!

PS - the photo looks better LARGE.

No comments: