Tuesday, November 10, 2009

10 on Friday....er Tuesday!


1. Anyone have good slow cooker recipes? I've decided that I need to use the slow cooker at least once a week. It should make it much easier for us on the nights when I come home from work and do yoga - I won't have to worry about dinner being really late because I spent an hour doing yoga, it will have been cooking all day and will be ready and waiting for us. I've already found a beef stew recipe, and will be looking for a corn chowder recipe next.

2. What's with the unseasonably warm weather lately? Yeah, I hate the cold and I'm about to complain about the warm for a second...I packed away all my warm weather jackets away, so I've spent the last two mornings struggling to find an outfit that is warm enough to wear without a jacket since all the jackets I have out are too warm for 60 degree weather! Pick a season and stick with it, Mother Nature. On the other hand, the bossman and I went out for lunch yesterday and sat outside, and that was very nice!

3. I started watching Mad Men, I'm about half way through Season 1...and I'm not understanding all the hype. I don't not like it, but I could certainly stop watching now and not feel the need to watch more and find out what happened. I've been watching in part because a lot of the other regular shows I watch are on hiatus - Big Love, Weeds, Lost - and it's nice to put on a show and relax on weekend mornings. We'll see how much further I get before I either give up or really do get sucked in. Do you know what I do love about Mad Men though? The furniture and the music!

4. With a holiday in the middle of the week, it's like have one week that consists of two Mondays and two Friday. Yesterday Monday, today Friday....two days from now Monday, then Friday. Makes for an interesting week!

5. Tomorrow I intend to spend part of my day seeing two photography exhibits, one of which is only open M-F so I was worried I wouldn't be able to check it out. The first is an exhibit of photos of Berlin, the second is a collection of portraits at the Museum of African American History.

6. Since today is Friday, I convinced Pete to meet me at Tavolo and get dinner. For only the second time in however many times we've been there, I ordered something different than usual. The usual is the Spaghetti alla Vodka, and tonight I got the Garganelli Carbonara. It was delicious...but I'll get the alla Vodka next time. ;) Also, go there. And sit at the bar, because they have two fabulous bartenders.

7. I've been growing my hair out. It's been about 12 weeks since I got my hair cut. Not because I want it to be long, but because I wanted it to be longer for winter so I wanted to let it grow before I went back to get it cut. And also because Naomi give such great cuts that it still looks awesome, even though I should have had it cut 4-6 weeks ago. Seriously, I got a compliment on it today.

8. This is an old one, but it's been in my rotation a lot recently and making me smile when I hear it.

9. Champ has become our fatty catty....she mows through her food every morning and night, and then when we eat she stands over us staring at our food hoping to get some. It's unbelievably annoying. And she's getting unbelievably heavy despite our efforts to keep her eating only her own food.

10. I've been making an effort to knock some stuff off my life list recently, and one of those things is to watch all of the movies Hitchcock directed. It's proving to be even more enjoyable than I had expected it to be. Anyone want to come over for a Hitchcock movie marathon?!

No comments: