Saturday, November 07, 2009

MFA


I get free admission to a number of local museums with my work ID, and I don't take enough advantage of it. This afternoon Pete was backing up his (dying) laptop and watching Iowa blow their undefeated streak (booooo!), so I headed out to the MFA for a few hours. This was in the gallery of European Old Master Paintings.

After I took this picture I thought about going over to the girl and showing it to her and offering to email it to her if she wanted it. In the end I chickened out and didn't do it. Pete thinks I'll talk to anyone, but when it comes to things like this I'm a bit more shy about it - I never know if they people will be freaked out that I took their photo without them knowing or like it and appreciate my offer to email a copy. Someday I'll get over that. Maybe.

Going forward, I plan to spend more of my football season Sundays visiting the museums I get free admission to.

No comments: