Tuesday, June 29, 2010

10 on Tuesday


1. It's been a busy few weeks around here!! We're settling in to our new apartment and are getting into the full swing of summer...which means lots of grilling!

2. Our new apartment is great, we're loving a lot of things about it. Having a bedroom door to close the cats out at night, the back yard, the short trip to the grocery store... But there is still some furniture to be rearranged, artwork to be hung, and a few last purchases to be made. Things are coming together, slowly but surely. Maybe this weekend I'll even get shelves hung!

3. I spent most of my day Saturday helping my friend Ryan shoot a wedding. She had given me some quick info ahead of time, including the bride's name and all the locations I would need for the day. I showed up at the Mother of the Bride's house to help get some of the "getting ready" shots, and about 30 minutes later I walked into a room where some of the bridesmaids were and it turns out I went to high school with one of them. And the groom is her step brother. Yup. That was fun, and it was great to catch up with her and her brother at the reception. Also...it's exhausting shooting weddings, and I'm still working my way through all the photos I took.

4. I spent most of my day Sunday with Leyre, taking pictures of Orly in the morning and then a quick trip to Ikea and Target while O was napping. And then I went home, napped, ate dinner, and went to bed. Because while we were out shopping, I don't think I went more than 5 minutes without yawning. Sorry Leyre, I promise it had nothing to do with the company! And I promise I'll get to those photos this weekend.

5. Have you guys seen the kids from PS22? I know I've shared them a few other places, but I wanted to share them here in case anyone hasn't seen or heard them yet. I've spent hours listening to different videos they have posted on YouTube (Iron Man is Pete's fav, Don't Stop Believin' is mine), and I've got their blog in my reader so they bring a smile to my face on a regular basis. Watch any one of their videos and try to tell me it didn't bring a smile to your face. The kids are awesome...their teacher is amazing!

6. It was this time last year that I was begging asking you to send me mail to pick up at the "post office" while I was walking the 3 Day. I'm not walking this year, but there are a few friends of mine that are (Stephanie was my awesome tentmate last year, Jeff walked with us for days 2 and 3, and Mercy is a friend and first time walker). Please send them mail, it doesn't matter if you know them. I'm serious, it will make their day. You can send mail (Envelopes only, must be postmarked no later than July 13th) to Mercy Vaillancourt, Jeff Brodeur, or Stephanie Matthess at the following address:

3-Day for the Cure
ATTN: RECIPIENT NAME HERE
P.O. Box 8557
Warwick, RI 02888

7. This is closely related to #6, but I wanted to be sure I had your full attention! You can also donate to Jeff, Stephanie, or Mercy by clicking on their name above. They've committed to walking 60 miles over 3 days and raising $2,300 each - help them reach that goal!

8. If you're in the Boston area and want to see what the 3 Day is all about, let me know because I'll be spending some time that weekend playing the role of Walker Stalker and cheering those guys on. I'd love to have company! (There will be ice cream involved, if that helps persuade you.)

9. You know what the weirdest thing about our move was? When we lived in Dorchester there was at least one cat in our Poang chair at all times (see here). Since we've moved, neither of them has been in it once. Even when it doesn't have boxes/bags/stuff piled in it. Cats are weird.

10. Oh, and you know what else I discovered about the cats when we moved? That Champ has been chewing on all kinds of things that she shouldn't have been, including the tops of the rubbermaid containers that fit under the bed and the corner of the jewelry box that was made by my grandfather. And one of the cats has also been scratching up the door to the bottom of my dresser that was Nonna's. Clearly these cats have no respect for family heirlooms! :(

1 comment:

Leyre said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the pictures :) Also, I *love* those ps22 kids. They're completely amazing. My favorite is Liztomania.