Tuesday, March 01, 2011

10 on Tuesday



1. I think I've spent the entire last week not being sure what day of the week it is. I spent about half of the day today thinking it was Wednesday and the other half knowing it was Tuesday. It made sense last week when it was a 4-day work week, but there's no good explanation for it this week.

2. Last night when I packed my gym bag I didn't pack my sneakers. On Tuesdays there is a yoga class at 5:30, and I really love the instructor...since I was going to yoga I didn't need sneakers. I spent all day today wishing I had packed my sneakers because I really felt like running on the treadmill after work (what?! I know. Who actually wants to run on a treadmill?). The afternoon slowly ticked away, I headed to the gym, changed into my yoga clothes, and I went to sign in....and the woman working at the front desk told me that yoga was cancelled. And I couldn't run on the treadmill because I hadn't packed my sneakers.

3. The bright side is that I got home early enough and had time to make a real dinner, do the dishes, and clean up the kitchen. That was nice, especially since it doesn't happen very often now that I'm going to the gym after work.

4. If you haven't seen The Social Network, you should put it in your Netflix queue, hit Redbox, or do whatever you do to see DVDs these days. It's a good movie (hush Leyre, you're the only one in America that doesn't think so) - interesting story, well acted, well edited. Also, shot in Boston! Also also, who else thinks that when Trent Reznor was giving his Oscar acceptance speech, he should have told David Fincher that he wanted to thank him like an animal? Anyway, I recently came across The World Is Obsessed With Facbeook, a quick video that shows the scope of what Facebook has become, which seems so have a lot more impact when you know at least a little bit of the story of how it all got started. Which is why you should watch The Social Network if you haven't already.

5. I'm pretty sure I've talked about My Milk Toof before, but in case I haven't you need to check it out. It cracks me up on a regular basis. Also, there's a book coming out this month, which is super awesome. And for your viewing enjoyment and to get a taste of the awesomeness of Ickle and Lardee, watch this video that was put together for the book promo.

6. Barley is passed out in my lap right now. His front paws and head are draped over my right forearm, and he doesn't react at all when they move as I'm typing. He must be extra pooped, probably from the excitement of having a GIANT plastic shopping bag to play in/with/under for the last few days. The bag has been migrating from the hallway to the kitchen and back again, and sometimes when you walk be the bag all unsuspecting, a cat jumps out and scares the daylights out of you. Apparently scaring the crap out of me is awesome fun if you have four legs and a tail that won't stop twitching.

7. Today being March 1st, I'm really cutting it close with accomplishing stuff from my Winter To Do List! I've kept up the crock pot cooking, but I've been slacking off on everything else on the list. It's going to be a busy first few weeks of March!

8. Speaking of a busy March, the social calendar seems to have filled up faster this month than usual as well. Baby showers and birthday parties and friends in town, yikes! It should be fun, and I think I've managed to space things out enough to not end up completely worn out and overwhelmed.

9. The weather has been more tolerable lately, as well, which helps with the not being overwhelmed bit. I feel like the winter can't really be ending because we haven't had any extended cold snaps yet. There were only a few short spells of below zero days, and even those were few and far between. Is it really possible we'll escape a New England weather without me whining about wanting to move to a warmer climate?

10. Maybe the lesson learned this winter is to always buy an awesome new winter coat halfway through. I mean, how can you be grumpy when you get to put on a super cute, super warm coat with a faux fur trimmed hood every morning? Right? Or has someone been sneaking Prozac into my drinking water?

No comments: