I've had this song (see below if you don't know what I'm talking about) stuck in my head all day...and then when I tried to listen to it I realized that I somehow only have Disc 1 of the Rent soundtrack on my iPod, and this song is on Disc 2. Don't worry, that has been remedied. Moving on...
One of the awesomest things about my photo blog is that it ends up serving as a kind of visual diary. I can look back to see what I was doing/thinking/taking pictures of a year ago today. It also means that I can go back and figure out what I've done with myself for the last year! Here's some of what I've done over the last five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes....
- Rang in the new (birthday) year with good friends
- Celebrated the engagements of 4 friends (who are marrying each other, so 2 couples)
- Welcomed 2 beloved moppets to the world (one, two)
- Witnessed 5 awesome couples exchange their vows (one, two, three, four, no posted pictures from five)
- Eaten 8 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies
- Flown 9,728 miles
- Sent 5 good friends off to live in new places (no pictures from one, two and three, four, and five - whose farewell party pictures were too incriminating to post :O !!)
- Saw 2 Red Sox games at Fenway
- Saw 1 Nationals game at Nationals Park
- Saw 1 Giants game at AT&T Park
- Watched 2 parades
- Found 1 kitten in a car engine
- Celebrated four years with Pete
- Started taking classes towards a Masters
- Missed out on the vows of 2 friends who eloped to Vegas
- Trained for and walked in my first Breast Cancer 3 Day
- Drank approximately 200 Starbucks Soy Chai Lattes
- Been to 18 Girls' Nights
- Seen 1 concert, 1 musical, 1 community opera, 1 performance by Kung Fu Buddhist Monks, and 1 play
- Watched 11 movies, 1 season of Big Love, and 3.5 seasons of The Wire via NetFlix
- Taken 13,679 pictures (some of which are here, here, and here)
If you're not familiar with the song, I strongly encourage you to have a listen below. In fact, I strongly encourage you to have a listen even if you are familiar with the song!